In 2016, WBEZ Chicago aired a three-part podcast called “making Oprah” that majored on Oprah Winfrey`s show. Nothing new featured in all the other episodes, but the last one aired Oprah`s charitable giving and fascinated many. Each of her 276 studio audience during the premiere of her 19th episode, carried home a new Pontiac from this charitable giving.
According to Oprah, the charitable giving idea came from Gayle King, after his conversation on a plane with one of Pontiac`s staff and shared it with Oprah. She sold it to her optimistic producer, and they nearly killed themselves just to see it materialize. Below are four facts about the famous Oprah charitable giving.
Four Facts about Oprah Car Giveaway
- On the night before the giveaway, Oprah forced her producer to change the red bows covering the car companies key wrappers, claiming they were too small.
- The keys were tapped at the bottom of their boxes to curb rattling that could reveal the surprise at the car donation sites.
- The producer conducted a brief interview to the audience before attendance. They were asked questions about their favorite car companies and how they commuted. This was to ensure that only those in need of a car came to the show.
- Initially, Oprah asked for 25 cars from Pontiac but kept changing the figures, until she settled for 276 that were brought to the car donation sites.
Four Tips to Know before Donating Your Car Today
Many people and car companies are willing to donate their cars today to charitable organizations or cars for kids donations while others of my sort don’t know where to donate my car. However, if you want to donate your car today having the right tips and knowing where to donate my car is very important. Below we highlight some of these important tips and important sites that can help in knowing where to donate my car.
- When making a cars for kids donation or car donation to charity, ensure you drive the car directly to the organization without hiring car companies for transport or using third parties. This ensures that the charity receives all the profits.
- Ensure the charity foundation you choose or the organization running the cars for kids donation enjoys tax-deductible contributions, ask for a copy of the charity`s IRS letter to affirm it exempted from the taxes.
- Ask for a receipt after donating.
- For cars above $500, the donor must fill in section A of IRS form 8283. Those above $5000, though rare in the cars for kids donation, requires the filling of section B of the IRS form 8283 which are attached in the donor’s tax returns.
Do you know where to donate your car today? If not, Technology has made the search easy with several car donation sites popping up every day. Some reputable car donation sites you can use to donate your car today include one car one donation, car donor wizards, where to donate my car, charity motors just to name a few. Donate your car today and save a charity organization.