Due to fast-paced changes happening all around us, it is hard to predict future which is why you need to keep a constant eye on the list of careers in demand. Not only that, if you are in your early years of college or high school, you may also want to learn about the best careers for 2020 and beyond, or even jobs of the future 2030. This will help you not only plan your next moves in line with the market requirements but also to prepare yourself for high paying jobs in demand for the future.
List of Careers for Future and High Demand Occupations
To look into the future occupation list and description, it is better to have an idea about the fastest growing careers 2017 or 2018.
Here is the list of careers that are in demand right now:
- Game developer, as the gaming industry has recently surpassed Hollywood in terms of revenue.
- Pharmacy technicians, as the world is aging, so we need more people in all health-related sectors.
- Solar and Wind Energy Technicians. These jobs will only grow as the world is shifting towards renewable energy from fossil fuels and coal-based energy sources. In fact, solar and wind energy technicians are the fastest growing careers right now.
- Home Health Aides and Personal Care Aides, for the same reason as mentioned above, the world is aging, with many countries moving into the death spiral demographic for the first time. This means, in many countries, the people over 65 years of age are now more than the younger people up to 15 years of age. In many countries in Southeast Asia and Europe, there is a high demand for people to take care of the old.
- Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners for the same reason as mentioned above.
These are some of the most in-demand or high-demand occupations in 2018. The good thing is, if you want to switch your career to choose an industry with better growth potential, you can do it easily as you can enroll in many 6 months career training programs for most of the above jobs.
There are several other jobs that are expected to grow with rapid speed for the next decade at least. These include medical assistants, genetic counselors, mathematicians, statisticians, software developers, market research analysts, and biomedical engineers.
As everything around us is changing so fast, we can’t be sure that these are the jobs for the future 2030, but healthcare and renewable energy are the two fastest growing sectors in a coming decade.
Most of the above are also the best careers for 2020 and beyond, especially in healthcare, renewable energy, and tech industry. In addition, you may also want to explore list of finance careers and their future, as emerging blockchain technology is expected to change how most financial institutions work in the next few years.
Final Word: High Demand Occupations
If you are still in high school and looking to choose a career from an early age, give priority to three sectors – technology, healthcare, and renewable energy. These industries will create many high paying jobs in demand for the future.
If you are interested in the financial sector and want to look into the list of finance careers, you need to keep an eye on blockchain and its increasing applications in finance sectors. In addition, Fintech is another growing sector in the finance industry. We are sure with the list of careers we have shared, you can now plan your future easily.